Era Winner

Re: ERA 4 TO END IN APPROX 1 MONTH

Post by brandonito »

*facepalm*
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

No matter the turns we get and no matter the xp we get for using turns and no matter the amount of turns we get per xp in trades, the maximum slaying amount should be around 60, 120 at the very max. Just time yourself in spending 120 slays while trying to get a decent amount per slay, that's the time and effort needed every. single. day. of. the. era. Now multiply it by six or something to get the amount of slays you need to do per day this era. I did 7.18M average slay today, 409 slays, it took hours and hours, I had to consume several cups of coffee and take several lunch breaks.
King_Caulk
Player

Post by King_Caulk »

Any word on what the next era will be in terms of balance? If the next era is way off the ballpark below (resulting more slays per day than what these settings allow), then I won't be playing.
-Trade xp for turns: 4 xp for 1 turn.
-Slaying xp from turns, slay costs 2 turns to get 1 xp.
-10xp/turn maximum upgrade.

Its the double whammy below that makes the current settings unplayable:
-Each slay only costs 53xp, so relative to slaying even for rubbish 6-7M gold everything else just sucks because you get 132k gold per xp if you hit for 7M+ after repairs. Do you have any idea how many turns you have to bank to get that kind of gold per xp on econ or the current soldier trade or clicking for soldiers or soldier recruitment upgrades?
-The top xp/turn upgrade goes all the way to 20xp/turn, and all the upgrades past 12-14xp/turn cost a whole lot of gold, so this encourages early slaying above all else to get enough gold to get the max xp/turn upgrade.

Hence, by increasing the cost of each slay to 150xp per slay or there about, and reducing the amount of xp/turn upgrades that we can do in the start of the era to levels that don't cost huge amounts of gold (10-12xp/turn or there about), then the next era will be very playable. And there will be almost exactly the same amount of gold on the field except we pick up 21M instead of 7M, 66% fewer times per day.

I might even sell my stuff this era and not bother with the rest of this era, slaying this much is just like chainsmoking; before you know it the entire day has passed and you're sitting in a pile of ashes; the remains of what used to be your motivation to go do stuff.

If you want more slaying activity in different stages of the next era (announce these at the start of era) just give more turns per turn at different stages, with these settings throughout the era. Because when you change the xp we get per slay, and the turns we get when we trade xp for turns, the effect is massive because they cause a feedback loop on each other. Meanwhile if you just hand out more turns the amount of slays we can do (even by trading in the xp we get for more turns), the amount of slays extra per extra turn, is linear.
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

i agree along with most people who just have accounts for farming. probably most don't even log in daily, waiting for the count down clock to show. and what is really funny, people used to not hit others with less tff than themselves. now people hit others with about 1/4 their tff, knowing they only get 1/4 the gold they hold. people used to use skill to use their turns. now , who cares how you waste turns, there are so many to waste.
Danny
Player
Alliance: FF/LOP

Post by Danny »

The game is called Kings of CHAOS, There's chaos to be made, nothing is orderly... nothing is straight forward....

yeah people might of had strategies back in the day, but it's the dawn of a NEW ERA.

Changes can be implemented anywhere anytime, just like the real world.
- Kings of Chaos Marketing Team -
- FF/LOP Sentinel -
- Tripple OG @ Trey Deuce Gang -
- Gigolo -
Ogotai
Player

Post by Ogotai »

Timer at 3 days until end of Era im sure 75% of the koc community is happy that's its almost over lol
Danny
Player

Post by Danny »

Dunno if you can speak for 75% of the community though Ogotai :p
- FF/LOP Sentinel -
- Gigolo -
Ogotai
Player

Post by Ogotai »

Danny wrote: 4 years ago Dunno if you can speak for 75% of the community though Ogotai :p
Check the activity ?(first 2 pages play? )

Look at the dozens of accounts that deleted? (aggie windex dank plurp?)

Numerous of players who are normally very active wont even bother to login anymore?

Dont get me wrong im grateful for bon and his lads to keep the game active but this circus needs to end asap lol.
giftig
Player

Post by giftig »

I rarely post like this, but sometimes things have to be addressed.

I, too, am very grateful to Bon, the admins and coders too for all the work which has been done, however ........

I am upset ...... make that 'annoyed' that there was an announcement in this thread a week ago stating that this era would last a month only to find 7-odd days later that it's been cut by 3 weeks.

I thought a month was too short for an era, but started to figure out how best to play it out ....... now with today's notification there is just 3 days to go, after all that clicking and work to build up my account - no offense, guys, but it feels like a smack in the face.

I don't agree with Ogotai (sorry Ogotai) that 75% are pleased/relieved it is ending so soon - a very small percentage of players post here - in this thread (and others) some are complaining because too much has changed, rather than embracing those changes, figuring out how to play the era under new rules.

Strategies change - same old same old is a bore - same players heading clans, same players ranking purely because of clan strategies ..... all well and good, I have no problem with clans nor the old strategies, but there are many active players here who are not Big Names on the first pages of the battlefield - can we remember these people are just as important, or should be.

And so few coming in to say 'hey Bon and guys, this is a brilliant idea, it turns the game on it's head, gives everyone something to think about and is great fun - thank you'

Maybe if more of Ogotai's mysterious 25% came in and posted support, rather than confronting the negatives, the people in charge would not be ending the era 3 weeks before promised !

So, for the record:
Hey Bon and guys, this is a brilliant idea, it turns the game on it's head, gives everyone something to think about and is great fun - thank you
(But I'm still upset that this era is to end far too soon)

giftig
Danny
Player

Post by Danny »

giftig wrote: 4 years ago I rarely post like this, but sometimes things have to be addressed.

I, too, am very grateful to Bon, the admins and coders too for all the work which has been done, however ........

I am upset ...... make that 'annoyed' that there was an announcement in this thread a week ago stating that this era would last a month only to find 7-odd days later that it's been cut by 3 weeks.

I thought a month was too short for an era, but started to figure out how best to play it out ....... now with today's notification there is just 3 days to go, after all that clicking and work to build up my account - no offense, guys, but it feels like a smack in the face.

I don't agree with Ogotai (sorry Ogotai) that 75% are pleased/relieved it is ending so soon - a very small percentage of players post here - in this thread (and others) some are complaining because too much has changed, rather than embracing those changes, figuring out how to play the era under new rules.

Strategies change - same old same old is a bore - same players heading clans, same players ranking purely because of clan strategies ..... all well and good, I have no problem with clans nor the old strategies, but there are many active players here who are not Big Names on the first pages of the battlefield - can we remember these people are just as important, or should be.

And so few coming in to say 'hey Bon and guys, this is a brilliant idea, it turns the game on it's head, gives everyone something to think about and is great fun - thank you'

Maybe if more of Ogotai's mysterious 25% came in and posted support, rather than confronting the negatives, the people in charge would not be ending the era 3 weeks before promised !

So, for the record:
Hey Bon and guys, this is a brilliant idea, it turns the game on it's head, gives everyone something to think about and is great fun - thank you
(But I'm still upset that this era is to end far too soon)

giftig

Agreed, the new changes are ideal but i think the reason behind the shortness of the age is because people took advantage of certian factors of the ara before changes got implamented therefore meaning some already had a bit of an unfair disadvantage.

but yeah, hope next era will be a cracker and longer....

changes are always gotta be tried and tested to see how they work...
- FF/LOP Sentinel -
- Gigolo -