A game owner actively sabbing. YES or NO?

No Place Like Home

Moderator: Moderator

Screwy
Player

A game owner actively sabbing. YES or NO?

Post by Screwy »

I don't know if I can make a Poll post but from my quite big experience with KoC and similar games, I am kinda upset that a game owner is having a fully playing account and sabbing/attacking/etc. other regular players. It's a common thing that game owners have test accounts and such but never directly interacting with players and affecting their game experience.

Earlier today one of our guys (LaCN player) was sabbed by bon over a gold hit Or maybe over some comments made by me on Discord which is unacceptable especially since the very same Bon is against all kind of BF policies and doesn't care for them. I want to see what are other players thoughts on that matter.
brandonito
Player

Era Winner

Re: A game owner actively sabbing. YES or NO?

Post by brandonito »

idc, he can play if he wants to.
MrData
Graphics Designer

Post by MrData »

Well he did the same to our chain so we just approved him.

In my opinion it doesnt matter, it is not like bon is abusing his powers to give weapons and stuff.
I personally think its better that he plays it. That way he can experience it itself and not only base on user experience.
Kaya
Player

Post by Kaya »

approve him like we did and have fun .hes just another player
bon
Game Owner

Post by bon »

TrickleMyBalls None 1 hour ago
Reason for sab?

TrickleMyBalls None 45 minutes ago yes
dont like my balls being trickled.

This had nothing to do with any comments from the OP, it had nothing to do with alliances, my reply summed up why I sabbed.

Let me put this out there. I was told for many Ages/Eras I should play again, this Era I wanted to see how the game actually plays as I have not played seriously since Age 9. Usually every Age/Era before that I would click at the start, build my account via Conquesting and then when I had felt there was enough value in the account I would then do random sells from my account in the hopes that a casual/new player would catch a sell and be interested in the game.

This Era I was convinced that I had to play an account to see the changes for themselves. So yes I clicked everyday for a month and a half, I banked my account, slayed, sabbed and even got into a war ;). I have not used my admin account while playing in my game account. I have not given my account any turns (I bloody do need some), gold, weapons, soldiers.

I have played my account as a normal player does. Yet I am being accused of bias if I delete this thread. I am also told that as a game owner I have no right to play this game. So for this reason this will be the last Era that I play.
CrazyDave
Player
Alliance: The Firm

Post by CrazyDave »

MrData wrote: 4 years ago I personally think its better that he plays it. That way he can experience it itself and not only base on user experience.
Bon playing the game like a "normie" is good for ALL of us.

I would tell your little LaCN member to slay better, and maybe stay away from players that are in an alliance named BONSAI SAB SQUAD.

ofc Bons going to sab, that's who he is, and thats how hes played the game for the last 15 years. stop crying and sab him back if you dont like it.
Kaya
Player

Post by Kaya »

bon no one is saying you shouldnt play ..think i was one who asked you so you could see game for urself and think uve enjoyed it for the fun as well ......loved sabbing you sweetie and had a giggle doing it . some ppl just like to cry about anything .Keep playing lad
Rowe
Player

Era Winner

Post by Rowe »

Bon should play IMO
bloodpirate
Player

Post by bloodpirate »

if owners/admins don't play, how are they to know first hand how their changes to the game effect the game? we all know they have played in the past and will in the future to test such changes. why not have them play for fun also. all work and no play makes jack a (can't remember the rest from the shining)
Screwy
Player

Post by Screwy »

he can play if he wants cause he owns the game. Also he can have test accounts and try the game mechanics without sabbing other players. This was my point. And thanks for the feed back. It seems the general opinion is the opposite of mine ;)